Friday, November 16, 2007

Running Goot!

I have said this before and I will say it again, writing about how bad I am running always seams to turn it around for me. Can’t figure out why this is. May be that I was playing too overconfident and writing about how bad I am running may humble me. Of course the reverse seams to be true also. So probably tonight I will get my ass kicked – LOL. Last night I couldn’t do any wrong playing $1-2 Limit HE. In two hours I won 35 BBs. At the same time I played in a No Limit MTT, with Knockouts.(FullTilt’s way of saying you get a bounty for every player you felt.) I took down 28th place out of 700 and got one bounty to boot. The money wasn’t substantial but it felt good to get deep in one of these. My last hand was the typical FullTilt setup cooler for me. I flopped top two pair from the Big Blind, Kings and Sixes, but there are 3 clubs on the board. So I push all in for two times the pot and the Villain calls me with the naked Ace of clubs. Of course club on the river and I am done. Had to push there, my M was less then 3 at this point. Tried to protect my hand by making the draws pay. Can’t get anyone to fold the nut draw these days. So what It was 60% of his stack, he didn’t care. I hadn’t been messing around the whole tournament. Played a tight aggressive style the whole time. I did one thing last night that I never do. Ten people from the money, with a very healthy stack I folded pocket Kings pre-flop. Thing is I really wanted to make the money in this tournament, didn’t want to play great for 2 and ½ hours and get nothing. Also this particular player hadn’t pushed all in over the top the whole tournament. I put him on Aces, Queens, or A-K. I am sure the math says I should have called there but I am sick of getting knocked out with pocket Kings. If I won this hand I would have had over 11,000 chips, which was above average. Instead I folded and had an average stack. I will try to play in the FTOPS VI 6 man Limit HE tonight. Good luck at the tables. Tony

P.S. – Thanks to all my readers for clicking through on my Google Adsense banner above this post. Keep it up!

Update - Of course after I wrote this post I got killed all night friday!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home