Wednesday, December 05, 2007

Finally a Winning Session.

First off I want to say again that Chip Reese will be missed in the Poker community! We lost a Poker Icon, who will never be replaced, two days ago. RIP.

Finally broke out of the Poker funk I have been in lately. Last night was a winning night in all different versions of poker I played, except No limit. Had a very small loss in No Limit. Got to a tough table with deep stacks, should have left right away. Need to practice good table selection, will work on it. Played Limit and did well winning 10 BBs. Also played Stud and Hi/Lo Omaha, won in both of them. When things have gone south it’s a good idea to miss it up. Being I can play all the major poker variations it’s good to try a different one when Limit HE is beating me up. I did play one SNG last night, only to push at the wrong time. Played another of those new 90 Knockout SNGs on FullTilt. We got down to 29 players, 9 places paid. The table tightened up a lot. Everyone folded to me in the small blind and I decided to push, had the big blind covered. I pushed for half of my stack and he insta-calls me with A-10 off. I hate his call there, hadn’t made any moves up to this point. I was playing very tight being I was multi-tabling. What monster hand did I have, really it didn’t matter. I thought I had enough fold equity to make this push right. I had the hammer suited, 7-2 of hearts. After losing this hand I pushed a few hands later with Q-9 of spades, from the cut off, only to get looked up by J-8 off. Got to realize this is a knockout tournament, people will call with a wide range of hands to get my $2 knockout bonus. Tonight I will play another of these 90 man Knockout SNGs on Full, really enjoy them. That’s it for today. Good luck at the tables. Tony

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home