Sunday, February 17, 2008

Saturdays With Dr. Pauly

Played in Dr. Pauly's Blogger Pot Limit Omaha Tournament on RiverStars yesterday. Even though I rarely play Pot Limit had a great time. We had 44 players turn out and I got pretty deep, think 19th. In the middle of the tournament I got moved to a table with the Bayne on my left, with a nice large stack. He took advantage of his position on me, big time. I raised with Aces single suited and he smooth called. The Flop am down J-5-6 with 2 suits.(I didn't have that suite.) I led out for the pot and he smooth called. We took the turn heads up, it was an Ace and I bet half the pot.(This was probably my downfall, should have played strong and bet the pot!) The river came with an offsuit 8, so I made a weak lead of 1/4 of the pot. He insta-raised me the pot. I went into the tank, my first instinct was to call, how can I fold top set on this raggy board? Then I played the hand back and kept thinking he was on a flush draw, with a gutshot that he just made. I don't play enough with him to know if he was capabile of a big bluff here. The river bluff was for over half his stack. Finally I decided to fold being I had enough chips behind to live to fight another day. He showed four totally raggy cards. Don't even think he had flopped a draw at all, he floated me with air. I got owned this hand big time. Hats off to Bayne for outplaying me in this hand. We will meet again, hopfully on my turf and I will take you down :-). Thanks for reading and good luck at the tables. Tony

P.S. - Will try to satellite into the FTOPS Konockout tournament today on FullTilt see you all there.

2 Comments:

At 9:52 AM , Blogger bayne_s said...

I must have had a draw of some kind. River card was consistent with a flop draw so I gave bluff a shot.

 
At 12:08 PM , Blogger AVIGANOLA said...

It was a well played bluff. Just played in a super for the FTOPS main event and I bubbled but you won a seat, good job sir. I was playing under TCGRO, got $49 back. Win your seat into the main event - GL.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home