Monday, February 18, 2008

Stars Deep Stack Tournament

I played in the $11 Deep Stack No Limit Tournament on Stars yesterday starting at 12 noon eastern. This tournament has the best structure of any I have ever played in. Only problem is you need a lot of time to play in it. Start with 5000T with 30 minute levels, no antes for nine levels. Being you get so many hands an hour online this structure is as good as a WPT event at the Borgata, IMHO! Anyway I went deep lasting five and a half hours basically by being a nit. I played as Super TAG man yesterday. Whenever I got Jacks+ or AK I would push. Rarely got action but when I did my hand held up. This worked for me, got into the money after five hours. I continued my TAG ways until I was down to 5000T, which was pretty short, M of 4. So I open pushed, like I had been doing all tournament, with pocket Aces. If anyone was paying attention they would have known I had a hand. Two players called me, one with pocket sixes and the other with pocket tens. They quickly checked it down to the river, which of course was a ten and IGH after winning $17.50 for five and a half hours of work. Weird thing was the pocket tens made a full house on the river, with the button. Instead of betting his hand for value he checked behind, with close to the nuts. I was happy to make the money, one of these days I will go really deep in this one. I played satellites all morning for The FTOPS Knockout and the FTOPS Main event. I bubbled a seat twice yesterday. Both times in the big blind when there were three stacks at the table that couldn’t even survive the small blind or 3 more antes! So close and yet so far. On the cash front I did very well yesterday, won 25BBs in a two hours of play. Thanks for reading and good luck at the tables. Tony

P.S. – Thanks to my readers for clicking through on my Google Adsense banner, above this post. It only takes a second and it helps keep the lights on!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home