Thursday, March 13, 2008

WSOP Step Madness

WSOP Step madness has got a hold of me! I go to sleep and then wake up thinking about getting up to step 6 and taking it down! In case you don’t know what I am talking about, the WSOP Step SNGs have started on RiverStars. I am only playing Step 1 right now. Have won a number of Step 2 tickets as well as a ton of repeat Step 1 ones. Want to get at least 6 Step 2 ones before I start playing there. Basically at every level you can win a ticket to go to the next level, repeat your current level, or go down a step. (Obviously at step one you can’t go down a step, instead you get $1.50 back from a $7.50 buy in.) You keep at this until you reach the final SNG, Step 6, which would cost you $2100 to buy into. This is the step I am dying to play, 6 places get paid out of 9! First wins a WSOP main event package, actually these days they put 12K into your account and you spend it as you please. The thing I like about this is the challenge everyday of trying to move up to the next level. This may turn out to be a big money pit if I am never able to get to Step 6 or if I do and don’t finish in the top 6. We will see how it goes, at the very least I will have some good material to BLOG about. Right now I can’t seem to win a coin flip on the next step bubble. In other words I have been 3 handed 5 times and lost a coin flip 4 of them. So I got a repeat Step 1 4 times and a Step 2 once! If these go my way will be moving up pretty fast. I will keep you all informed of my progress. Thanks for reading and good luck at the tables. Tony

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home