Tuesday, February 19, 2008

I've Seen the Light

I seam to finally have seen the light. Watching my cousin play(ShipThis) on Sunday I have picked up what I have been doing wrong in MTTs! I have been playing too tight in the early middle stages of MTTs. Acquire chips or go home is going to be my new mantra. Especially in these low buy in events. I played a bounty tournament on Ultimate last night and this new way worked well for me. I got five bounties and finished in the money. Granted I only won three times my buy in but it’s a start. I pushed with A-K twice early in the tournament. Once heads up and he called, got his bounty. The other time as a squeeze after four limpers. Also pushed over the top of two players with Jacks. I was against Tens and A-Q, jacks held up for another bounty. In the past I have been smooth calling or even folding in this spot. No fear poker is my new motto! Once I acquired a healthy stack I put the brakes on. No need to go broke when I had enough chips to make the money. Then on the bubble, in the small blind, I get pocket Kings. I push over the initial raise, who had me covered. He shows A-10 and we were playing hand for hand on the bubble. I knew it was going to hold up, karma baby. I doubled up there and was able to make the money easily. Tonight I will be at it again. Thanks for reading and good luck at the tables. Tony

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home